US Deploys 50 Fighter Jets to Middle East as Iran Talks Fail.

US Deploys 50 Fighter Jets to Middle East as Iran Talks Fail.

The US has sent more than 50 fighter jets to the Middle East in the past 24 hours. Independent flight-tracking data and military aviation monitors have recorded numerous F-22, F-35, and F-16 fighter jets flying towards the Middle East.

This information came to light during the second round of talks between the US and Iran in Geneva on Tuesday. Differences between the two countries remain over issues related to the nuclear deal.

US Vice President J.D. Vance stated that Iran is unwilling to accept the conditions set by President Donald Trump. In an interview with Fox News, Vance said that while some of the talks were positive, agreement remains unreached on several key issues.

These statements clearly indicate that the ongoing negotiations regarding Iran's nuclear program are still at a critical stage. Trump has already stated that the US will use force if Iran does not comply with US demands.

The US also sent refueling tankers to the Middle East.

Several aerial refueling tankers have been spotted heading to the Middle East along with US fighter jets, indicating that the aircraft are preparing for long-term operations.

Meanwhile, a US official told the media that the USS Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier strike group has departed the Caribbean, reached the Mid-Atlantic, and is heading towards the Middle East. It is expected to arrive in the next four to five days.

According to the AP news agency, the official, speaking on condition of anonymity for security reasons, said that the Ford is accompanied by three guided-missile destroyers: the USS Mahan, USS Bainbridge, and USS Winston Churchill.

Previously, the USS Abraham Lincoln and other key US air and naval assets were deployed to the region earlier this year, further strengthening the US military presence in the Middle East.

image (2)

Iran begins naval exercises to test operational capabilities

On Tuesday, Iran temporarily closed parts of the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world's most vital oil routes. The move came during live-fire military exercises. Iran announced the new exercise on Monday, dubbed "Smart Control of the Strait of Hormuz."

According to Iranian news agencies, missile tests were conducted in the narrow stretch of the Persian Gulf. Iranian media, citing security and maritime reasons, said the closure would last for a few hours.

According to the Associated Press (AP), the purpose was to test intelligence and operational capabilities. Maritime security company EOS Risk Group said ships transiting the area were warned in advance over the radio.

During a similar exercise in late January, US Central Command issued a strong statement, stating that Iran has the right to operate professionally in international air and waters, but should not harass US warships or merchant vessels.

The Strait of Hormuz is a vital route for global oil trade.

The Strait of Hormuz is approximately 33 kilometers (21 miles) wide at its narrowest point. It connects the Persian Gulf to the Gulf of Oman and further to global markets.

About 20% of the world's oil supply passes through this route. Oil and gas from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Qatar, Bahrain, the UAE, and Iran leave through it. Most shipments are destined for Asia.

According to the US Energy Information Administration, there is no viable alternative to this route, although Saudi Arabia and the UAE have built pipelines that bypass this route.

Although the Strait is considered an international waterway and open to all ships, Iran and Oman control the territorial waters along its shores.

Iran-US Ballistic Missile Dispute Stuck

The ballistic missile project has become a major point of contention in the ongoing nuclear deal negotiations between Iran and the US. Iran is not willing to compromise on this issue at all and considers it a red line.

Iran says it is necessary to defend its ballistic missile program. Iran claims that when Israel and the US attacked Iran's nuclear sites in June 2025, it was Iranian missiles that protected it.

The US also wants Iran to stop supporting proxy groups like Hezbollah and the Houthis. The US wants to include this issue, but Iran primarily wants to focus on the nuclear issue.

Iranian officials have repeatedly stated that there will be no talks on the missile program. It is Iran's defensive capability and abandoning it would mean weakening itself. Iran says that the talks will be limited to the nuclear program, not missiles or regional groups.

Vance said - Trump has the final say on the negotiations.

Vance said that President Trump will make the final decision on how long the talks will continue. He said -

QuoteImage
We will continue to try. But the President has the authority to decide whether diplomacy has reached its limits. We hope this time the talks will not lead to a negative outcome, but if they do, the President will have to make the decision.

QuoteImage
According to US officials, Iran will make a more substantial proposal in the next two weeks to narrow the differences between the two sides.

Related Posts

Latest News